To laugh often and much;

To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of people;

To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends;


To appreciate beauty, to find the best in others;
To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition;

To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived

This is to have succeeded.

-Bessie Stanley & Ralph Waldo Emerson


Monday, February 14, 2011

27 weeks

I find that when I talk to people about my pregnancy, they always ask how far along I am. I tell them in weeks how far along I am. If they have had a baby, they will nod understandingly and I can see in their eyes how they flashback to when they were at the same point in their (or their wife's) pregnancy. If they have never been pregnant or had a baby, they tend to only know how to contemplate a pregnancy in terms of months. I have learned my baby grows about 1/2 an inch a week! That is why each is celebrated and why I don't seem to post about anything else on my blog or facebook page. Each DAY is a milemarker. If our baby were to be delivered now, he/she would have a 90% chance of surviving, but would have to stay in NICU for a bit because they wouldn't have enough fat on their body to keep warm and their lungs would be underdeveloped (among other things, I'm sure). This is why I am grateful for everyday that I am able to carry our child to term (knock on wood). At the beginning of my pregnancy, I would honestly forget some days that I was carrying a growing life inside of me (I was barely showing and felt no movement). Now, as I enjoy this last week before entering the 3rd trimester (!), I am able to rest my hands on top of my belly and I frequently have to focus harder in class and lab because our little buddy is turning sommersaults. The next few photos are some of my favorites we have taken of my weekly growth. Joe made me laugh, and as silly as I think I look when laughing, I have to smile when looking at these.

No comments:

Post a Comment