To laugh often and much;

To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of people;

To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends;


To appreciate beauty, to find the best in others;
To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition;

To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived

This is to have succeeded.

-Bessie Stanley & Ralph Waldo Emerson


Wednesday, February 9, 2011

26 week ultasound

Yesterday I went in for my last ultrasound. When they did my sonogram at 18 weeks, the ultrasound tech was unable to get good views at the low lumbar area of the spine and an anterior view of the face to discern if baby has cleft palette. Once again, we saw the beating heart, and this time, the ultrasound tech said it was a perfect study of a fetal heart. Beating 147 BPM, it was very strong. She zoomed in on the heart and I could see all 4 chambers: right and left atriums and right and left ventricles, complete with the tricuspid and bicuspid valves allowing blood to pump through them between the atriums and ventricles. On my last test for A & P, I had to describe in an essay the heart cycle, complete with knowledge of anatomy of the heart. It was so neat to have my hard work gratified when I saw our baby's heart beating in real time.

This one is the classic ultrasound profile of baby's head.



Save the best for last. This one is a 3/4 perspective of the face, so baby is not quite looking straight at you. In real time, we could see baby stick out its tongue of the mouth a few times. You can see the thoracic area of the spine and the two clavicles. I think baby has daddy's long nose. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment