To laugh often and much;

To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of people;

To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends;


To appreciate beauty, to find the best in others;
To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition;

To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived

This is to have succeeded.

-Bessie Stanley & Ralph Waldo Emerson


Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Sonogram pics

On December 20th, we went for our sonogram. Where I am receiving my prenatal care is a big HMO and they were running about 1/2 an hour behind. So I was sitting there, waiting for the ultrasound tech to call my name, rocking back and forth because my bladder was near full. The ultrasound tech promised lots of photos to make up for the fact she was so late. I was 19 weeks when this sonogram was done. They were unable to get a good shot of a view of the lower lumbar area and the face which would show whether or not baby has a cleft palate. This means I have to go back when I am about 25 weeks to get another ultrasound. Without further ado, here they are...

Why, hello there. My name is Baby Lindquist and I plan on making my debut around May 14th. In this picture, I am looking straight at you and my hands are touching my cheeks. You can see the ulna and radius in my arms.


You can see the biggest bones in my body, my femurs, in this shot. The first shot I gave everybody was a fairly obvious one if they intended to find out if I was a boy or a girl- my legs were right up over my head. My mom will confess that she tried to look and see which sex I was, but with my lightning-fast moves and her untrained eyes, she wasn't able to tell.


Here is a shot of my 4 chambered heart. My parents could see my heart pulsing at 140 beats per minute.


Here are my cute feet for you to behold.


And just because the ultrasound tech was feeling EXTRA generous, she included another shot of my left foot. You can decide which shot of my foot you like better.

No comments:

Post a Comment