To laugh often and much;

To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of people;

To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends;


To appreciate beauty, to find the best in others;
To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition;

To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived

This is to have succeeded.

-Bessie Stanley & Ralph Waldo Emerson


Tuesday, November 2, 2010

12 weeks

Today I am 12 weeks and 1 day. I figured out part of the reason why I am so tired: baby grows about 1/2 inch a week. As you can see, my belly is rounder on my lower abdomen (and it is growing firmer day by day).



I never thought I'd be so excited about my tummy getting bigger.

I am thinking ahead to the time (probably around Thanksgiving) that we'll be registering for baby things. Honestly, I have no idea (other that the obvious crib, baby carrier, high chair, and onesies) what to register for. Please advise. I only have one friend, Sondra, who is a mother. I wish she lived closer (she lives in Utah). Other than her, I have no friends or siblings who are already parents or currently expecting. Since we are not going to find out the sex of our baby, we need to get an idea of how this works in terms of registering for baby things. Do we register for unisex items or a bunch of girl items AND boy items and then take back what we do not need after his/her arrival??

ps- we never did get around to taking the 11 week pic and by the time we might have, I was about 11 weeks, 5 days... so we just let it go. I think my tummy is really going to poke out faster and faster as the weeks go by. (so I really don't think we're missing much by skipping the 11 week shot.)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for linking to the babycenter so I could see our baby's development. Miraculous, and bound to be more so.

    ReplyDelete