To laugh often and much;

To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of people;

To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends;


To appreciate beauty, to find the best in others;
To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition;

To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived

This is to have succeeded.

-Bessie Stanley & Ralph Waldo Emerson


Sunday, October 10, 2010

6 weeks

Dear Santa Claus, all I want for Christmas is a nice camera. Our poor little Nikon got run over by Joe's Taurus last spring- it miraculously still works- and ever since then, we have to guess when we take photos because about half the screen is cracked/blacked out. Despite the dilapidated state of our camera, it's taken, at BEST, some decent photos. Since we have a little one on the way, it's really time for a camera that takes some GOOD photos. Love, Katy

Today I am 6 weeks plus 2 days. My friend Gabri took the picture below of me after we had our coffee date at Old Town Starbucks in Tacoma.



I've been feeling fatigued and the weird prego cravings have been gnawing away at me lately. On the way to coffee with Gabri, a craving hit me suddenly and I had to have Jack in the Box RIGHT AWAY. I sheepishly texted Gabri in the drive thru where I was and why I was going to be late. And oooh boy, those two crunchy tacos were worth it. Of course, I apologized to her and she laughed.

These days, I am deliberating between how much I can work and how much I really should be working in light of my schoolwork and my pregnancy. I have class 4 hours a night on Mondays and Wednesdays and, honestly, between feeling nauseous and needing more sleep than ever, I don't feel very motivated to study. I feel as if I have too much time on my hands if I don't work. I get bored and lonely if I don't work at least a couple of shifts a week just to break things up. I just really did not want to study especially the first week we learned we were expecting. As if I were going to have this child the next week, I only wanted to start nesting for my baby and sleep all the time to prepare for their arrival. Alas, soon the reality of Anatomy & Physiology, the necessity to work some to help with bills, and the needs of my husband gradually sunk in and I disciplined myself to abide by my daily grind. Despite these efforts, my body's changes and new needs sometimes win out. This morning, we wanted to go 9:45 church. When Joe woke me up at 8am, I was too exhausted to get up. I tossed and turned all the previous night and finally fell asleep about an hour before Joe woke me. Needless to say, I stayed home from church and slept until noon. I don't like sleeping until noon but I know that my body needs more rest than usual. I just hope I can balance all these things in the months to come.

We have new prayer requests:
-that our anxieties of provision and fears of our own inadequacies of parenting would be met with Peace
-that my physical symptoms during this stage of the pregnancy would not hinder my schoolwork or other things I need to accomplish on a daily basis
-that we would be blessed with more lessons for Joe to teach if not another part time job for him in the coming months

So many more prayer requests that go through my head throughout the day...will update soon.

1 comment:

  1. Dad and I have been and will continue to pray for you, Joe, and the baby, honey. xoxomommy

    ReplyDelete