To laugh often and much;

To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of people;

To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends;


To appreciate beauty, to find the best in others;
To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition;

To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived

This is to have succeeded.

-Bessie Stanley & Ralph Waldo Emerson


Friday, January 22, 2010

Rick-Rolled

I just got "rick-rolled". A few minutes ago, Joe called my cell phone. The ringtone that plays when he, and everyone else, calls is "Never Gonna Give You Up" by Rick Astley, a 1987 ballad that is pretty much one of the worst songs of all time. My mother-in-law, Kathy, told me that she used to do step aerobics to it back in the day. Now the song is used to prank people. Including me. Everyday. Every time my phone rings. Here's a Wikipedia link to the meaning and practice of "rick rolling":

And here's a You Tube video of Rick performing his song. It's pretty bad.

I'm too lazy to change my ringtone, just in case you were wondering.

1 comment:

  1. This is news to me, which probably doesn't surprize you. (Is surprize spelled with a "z"?) Watched the video. Didn't recognize the song or the singer. Wouldn't mind dancing to it, though.
    In 1989, I did aerobics to Tom Petty's "Free Falling." Still love that song.

    ReplyDelete